The Ducan Diet has consistently topped lists of the very best eating patterns. Almost every third losing weight tried to stick to it. She has a lot of critical reviews due to the need for strict control over adherence to the diet. But statistics show that almost everyone who sat on it threw off a lot of excess weight and no longer gained it.
The Dukan Diet was developed by the French nutritionist Pierre Dukan. It took him almost 40 years to carry out all the necessary research and present the final result of his work to the general public. An individual method of losing weight, created by a doctor, has become very popular and in demand almost immediately.
The essence and principles of the Ducan diet
The main essence of the diet is the division of the entire period of weight loss into 4 stages, each of which has a different diet.
The basic principles of the Ducan diet are based on the following:
- Exclude fatty meat from the diet.
- Eat chicken, turkey. Fish should also not contain a lot of fat.
- Lean dairy products are allowed. Natural yoghurt with fruit additives is allowed.
- Sugar and salt - strictly to a minimum, but various natural sweeteners and spices are not excluded.
- For each phase, only a certain list of products is characteristic.
- Vegetables should be boiled or steamed, or grilled.
- It is imperative to drink up to 2 liters of non-carbonated drinking water per day.
- Consume 1 spoonful of oat bran daily in the morning.
Important!Starchy vegetables such as potatoes and some legumes are not recommended for steaming.
Where to begin
Before starting a diet, you must definitely set yourself up for a positive result. You can watch a motivating film or read reviews of those who managed to lose all those extra pounds thanks to the Ducan menu.
In addition to motivation, it is important to see a doctor or dietitian. It may be possible to identify certain diseases, due to which this method of losing weight is not suitable for a person individually.
Stages of the Dukan protein diet
Losing weight on the Ducan diet is necessary in 4 stages, which have the following names:
- Alternation (also called Cruise).
The first stage "Attack" is the shortest, its duration depends on the initial weight of the losing weight. If you need to lose up to 5 kg of excess weight, then the "Attack" needs to be extended by only 2 days, from 5 to 10 kg - by 3, from 10 to 20 kg - 5, from 20 to 30 kg - a week. When the excess is more than 30 kg, then the duration of the stage will be 10 days.
The second phase "Alternation" is the basis of the Ducan diet. Its duration also depends on the excess weight. It is necessary to adhere to the nutritional stage until the losing weight reaches the required weight. On average, the "Alternation" or "Cruise" period lasts from 2 to 6 months.
The duration of the third stage "Consolidation" depends on the number of pounds thrown off. Every kilogram lost is 10 days of the phase.
It is recommended to make the fourth stage "Stabilization" a habit for the rest of your life, as it helps to keep your weight in norm and stay healthy.
Description and rules of stages
First, the body needs to be prepared for cutting the diet, then the process of losing weight begins, after which it is necessary to consolidate the result and get used to a new lifestyle without harmful products.
During the Attack period, the body must be adjusted to destroy fat. You can eat at any time of the day, but only certain foods.
Meat and fish should be boiled or steamed. It is permissible to add vanilla powder or coconut to yogurt.
Alternating or Cruise
The cruise is about alternating vegetable and protein days. You can alternate them from 1 to 5 days. Nutritionists recommend sticking to a 1/1 or 2/2 regimen. As a protein, you can consume products from the attack phase and low-fat curds, kefir.
Important!The consumption of potatoes, rice, peas, avocados and grains is strictly prohibited.
Docking or Consolidation
A more benign stage at which Ducan's menu allows indulgences. Once every 7-10 days, you can arrange regular days and eat whatever you want in moderation. But at the same time, during the same period, it is necessary to spend 1 unloading, completely protein day.
Rice, peas, pasta, potatoes and beans are allowed to be consumed only twice a week. Cheese and bread also need to be cut back.
Pierre Dukan recommends sticking to the menu of the Stabilization stage for life. This nutrition makes it possible to smoothly form a correct lifestyle.
The main principles of the fourth phase:
- Drink up to 2 liters daily. clean water.
- Be active, walk in the fresh air for half an hour a day.
- Carry out a protein fasting day once a week.
- Start every morning with 3 tbsp. l. oatmeal
Table of approved products for each stage
|Diet stage||Allowed Products|
|Stabilization||You can eat everything, but in moderation. However, it is recommended to completely switch to proper nutrition.|
Sample menu for every day for all stages
Description of an example weekly menu for all stages of the Ducan diet:
Belkovo - vegetable day:
|Anchoring||The menu is almost identical to the rotation phase ration. Now you can eat pasta 2 times a week, boil potatoes in their skins or cook soups with them.|
|Stabilization||Any recipes made from natural products as for proper nutrition.|
Note!You can independently develop a menu for every day of the Dukan diet.
The Ducan Diet boasts a wide variety of recipes. All of them are prepared only from permitted foods included in the diet.
Ducan soup soup
The soup requires the following ingredients:
- 500 ml chicken broth;
- 1 smoked chicken leg;
- 1 onion;
- 2 tbsp. l. oat bran;
- half a teaspoon of vegetable oil;
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- spices and salt to taste.
It should be prepared like this:
- Chop the onion finely.
- Lightly grease a skillet with oil to brown the onions a little.
- Remove the skin from the ham, separate the meat from the bones and chop them into small pieces.
- Pour the broth over the fried onions and add the oat bran and meat to it.
- Bring everything to a boil over low heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then add turmeric, spices and salt, if necessary, and mix.
Note!If the smoked ham is already salty, then it is better not to salt the broth.
Cottage cheese casserole
The diet casserole is prepared without sugar and salt, ideal for the protein day of the Alternating phase.
The following ingredients are required:
- 500 g low-fat cottage cheese (not granular);
- 4 chicken eggs;
- sugar substitute.
The step-by-step preparation of low-calorie sugar looks like this:
- Mash the curd and mix it with the eggs.
- Soak sweetener tablets with a little water and add them to the curd mass, mix.
- Grease a baking dish with a piece of butter.
- Place the curd in an even layer and place in the oven for half an hour at 170 ° C.
Note!To prevent the casserole from burning and sticking to the baking sheet, you can sprinkle the bran on the mold.
Du-mayonnaise for Attack is prepared from the following products:
- 3 raw egg yolks;
- 100 ml of petroleum jelly;
- 1 tspmustard;
- 1 tspapple cider vinegar (can be replaced with wine);
- a few drops of lemon juice;
- a pinch of salt;
- half a tablet of sugar substitute.
According to the algorithm, you need:
- Beat the egg yolks with salt.
- Add sugar substitute and stir.
- Slowly for 1 tsp. pour in vaseline oil, stirring gradually.
- Continuing to beat the mixture, pour in the vinegar and lemon juice.
Another variant of Du mayonnaise is suitable for the Attack phase. For him you will need:
- 300 ml of light yogurt without additives (can be replaced with diet curd);
- 3 yolks of hard boiled eggs;
- 1 tspmustard;
- salt and pepper to taste.
You need to cook it like this:
- Grind the yolks with a fork until smooth.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Add salt and mustard with pepper, mix again.
Pierre Ducan's vegetable diet for meat intolerance
Vegetarians will find it difficult to stick to the Ducan diet, especially on protein days. However, there is an effective method to transfer it without disruption - to replace animal proteins with vegetable ones. Soy will help a lot here. At the third stage, it is necessary to increase the amount of vegetables in the diet.
During the Attack period, a rapid weight loss of 2 to 7 kg occurs. At the second stage, all the excess mass is thrown off, since it is precisely such a goal that stands before the alternation phase. At the last stages, the result is consolidated, so 1-2 kg may go away.
The Dukan diet has many contraindications, therefore, before using it, you must definitely consult a doctor.
Note!Although this nutritional method was compiled by a physician, it has received many critical reviews from other specialists and nutritionists.
Its contraindications are:
- disruption of the kidneys and liver;
- having problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- hormonal disruption and disruption of the endocrine system;
- old age or adolescence;
- pregnancy or breastfeeding period;
- allergy to vegetable protein or lactose.
Advantages and disadvantages
Losing weight on the diet of Dr. Pierre Ducan has many advantages:
- There are no hard restrictions on the amount of food consumed.
- A balanced and varied diet.
- Rapid weight loss at the first stage, which motivates to continue the diet further.
- Healthy gradual weight loss and a long Fastening period will not allow you to gain the lost pounds again.
This technique revealed the following disadvantages:
- The function of the liver and kidneys deteriorates.
- The metabolism slows down.
- Appetite is suppressed, as a result of which there is constant fatigue and drowsiness.
- Due to the excessive production of ketone bodies, an unpleasant odor comes from the mouth.
- The appearance of constipation.
- Hormonal disbalance.
Ducan Diet Frequently Asked Questions
Despite a detailed description of each phase of the Ducan diet, people still have many questions.
What is dangerous
Pierre Ducan's diet can be dangerous if the person losing weight had disruptions to the work of certain organs and body systems, and was not consulted by a doctor. In other cases, such food can not cause severe harm to the body.
Can I use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not adhere to this diet. The Ducan diet menu for every day cannot provide the body with all the necessary nutrients and vitamins. And during hard fasting days, stress and fatigue come, which can be harmful to young mothers.
Is alcohol possible
Alcohol is not recommended, but it can be used in food preparation.
Note!Alcohol has a high calorie content and is unhealthy. In addition, the intoxication of the body reduces the motivational mood of the losing weight, as it lowers his strength, will and desire for something.
Is it possible honey
The Dukan food system prohibits eating not only honey, but also dried fruits with nuts. They contain elevated glucose levels, like some types of berries.
What bran to use
The most useful are oat bran, with the use of which should begin every day. This is a simple yet effective way to kickstart your metabolism, which slows down during any diet.
What is COM
COM stands for simply skimmed milk powder. It is difficult to find in regular stores, but it is often used in the preparation of dietary products from the Ducan diet.
What to do in case of a breakdown
Since the diet is quite tough, it will be very difficult for people who are just starting to lose weight to get used to it. You should not give up in case of breakdowns, you just need to continue to eat according to the scheme further, as if there was no violation. However, you will need to add an additional day of the stage at which the overeating occurred.
Note!If there is a breakdown, it will be helpful to increase the strength load in order to lose the calories you have accumulated.
Dukan food can rightfully be considered the "queen" of all diets. Over the years of its existence, it has helped thousands of desperate overweight people lose weight. Despite the negative reviews of doctors, ordinary people who have tried it point to the effectiveness of the technique. It will take a lot of patience and will to hold out for the entire required period, but the results will pay off with interest.